Purpose of Policy
Konnections, Inc. (the “Company”) institutes this no-SPAM policy to reach its goal of providing the best business class web hosting services to its users. In connection with this policy, the Company offers users a full range of commercial hosting services. Abuse of these services is considered a violation of the Company’s Acceptable Use Policy (a supplement of the agreement you executed when you subscribed to the Company’s service). One of the most serious abuses is using your account is to send unsolicited commercial e-mail, otherwise known as “SPAM.” The following are examples of SPAM and are blatantly contrary to your agreement with the Company.
Inappropriate E-Mail Activities.
- Commercial e-mail: You are not permitted to use your Company account in any way to send unsolicited commercial e-mail. Using an e-mail address hosted anywhere on the Company’s servers to collect responses from unsolicited commercial e-mail is also prohibited. This includes using third party e-mail accounts or servers, including free or public domain email accounts to promote (“spamvertise”) your Company-based services.
- Mail Bombing: Sending large volumes of unsolicited e-mail to individuals from your Company-based account.
- Harassment: Sending threatening or harassing e-mail after being requested to stop is prohibited. Extremely threatening or harassing e-mail never is allowed.
Inappropriate use of Mailing Lists.
- Purchased Mailing Lists: Mass mailing to purchased mailing lists is not allowed. The Company allows only opt-in mailing lists. To comply with the Company’s no-SPAM policy, the recipients on your mailing list must have specifically requested (subscribed) to receive mail from you on this topic. Purchased or inherited lists are, by definition, NOT opt-in. Similarly; you may not start a list about one topic and then post to it about another. Opt-in list mailings must include instructions to unsubscribe (opt-out) in every message.
Inappropriate Newsgroup Activities.
- Newsgroup Spamming: Excessive cross-posting, or posting the same article to several newsgroups is prohibited. Generally accepted standards allow no more than 15 newsgroups, or cross-postings, for a single article or substantially similar articles. Such articles may be canceled. You are not allowed to use your Company-based mail facilities to SPAM newsgroups. You are prohibited from cross-post or post-off-topic subjects in the Company’s support forums.
- Off topic or inappropriate postings: There is no restriction on content, except as defined by each newsgroup. Continued posting of off-topic articles is prohibited. Please note that commercial advertisements are off-topic in the vast majority of newsgroups.
The Company takes a very dim view of SPAM. It is one of the most annoying things encountered on the Internet. If a Company’s customer is found to be spamming the Company will take action immediately. If the Company finds that you have violated its No-SPAM Policy, the Company will disable your account and report you and the incident to the proper local, state, and federal authorities if necessary.
The Company is not attempting to censor, nor are we attempting to curtail the business of its customers. But as a whole, SPAMming hurts the Company and its members more than it helps the spammer. Do yourself, and the Company, a favor, DON’T DO IT!
Thanks for your consideration.- Konnections, Inc.
Reporting SPAM: If you believe that you have received SPAM from the Company’s network, please send a signed complaint from your e-mail account along with the abusing message and complete headers to email@example.com. The Company does not investigate or take actions based on “anonymous” SPAM complaints.
Users of this site agree to be bound by the Company’s Hosting Service Level Agreement, Hosting Master Service Agreement, and all other policies established by the Company and posted on its website at www.cfdynamics.com.